THE SOUTH AFRICAN VETERINARY ASSOCIATION The SAVA was formed in 1920 by a process
of amalgamation of the Veterinary Medical Association
of the Transvaal (established 1903), Cape Province
(established 1905) and Natal (established 1909).
It was known as the South African Veterinary Medical Association
from 1922 to 1971, when it reverted to its former name.
Membership rose from around 80 at its inauguration
in 1920, to 350 in 1953, 900 in 1978, 1400 in 1996,
and to the current 2020 members. http://www.sava.co.za/ In South Africa